Posted 1 year ago
- HOVIC staff members
- Visitors from Comic Relief admire carvings by street boys at HOVIC drop in Centre
- Mofat Maninga, with friends in Sweden
- KOP team after ridding for 400 Kms from Nrb-Kisumu
- HOVIC under 14 football club at the night shelter
- Clinton (centre) is reunified with her sisters by HOVIC staff
- Children learning computers-education
- Children at HOVIC
- Girls being instructed on basic sewing machine maintenance
- sport session at HOVIC
- Hovic children and drama
Hope for Victoria Children (HOVIC) is a Non Governmental Organisation that supports and empowers vulnerable community members especially Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) and youth self-help groups in identification and utilisation of resources geared towards alleviating poverty and protecting their rights and environment in which they live.
At its inception, the focus was on addressing the urgent need, namely to provide relief and welfare services to Street Children of all ages in Kisumu City. This was quickly achieved and the programme stepped up to delivering a coordinated targeted intervention to mitigate the impact of poverty on very vulnerable street children.
HOVIC has received support from Comic Relief through Widows and Orphans International (UK), Kenya Orphans Project, Tools with a Mission and many individual donors around the world. HOVIC has grown as an organisation benefiting an increasing number of OVC in its project area in Kisumu City.